Also known as e-journals, are scholarly journals or intellectual magazines that can be accessed via electronic transmission online databases in varied digital formats such as Adobe Acrobat documents (.pdf), WebPages (.htm, .html, .asp etc) and more.
The on-line library provides free full text e-books on capacity development in Africa covering science technology & innovation; regional integration; domestic resource mobilization; agriculture and food security; natural resources management; youth and gender, governance and economic development etc. The publications are open access available at free cost that you can download in PDF format, print and share with your networks and there is no need to register or log in with a password.
2. ASA - Journal of the Acoustical Society of America (JASA) - is a leading source of theoretical and experimental research results in the broad interdisciplinary study of sound.
3. ASABE Technical Information Library - the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers is a professional and technical organization dedicated to the advancement of engineering applicable to agricultural, food, and biological systems.
4. American Institute of Physics journals - AIP Publishing’s portfolio comprises highly regarded, peer-reviewed journals, in addition to the AIP Conference Proceedings.
5. American Physical Society - Access to the journals produced by the American Physical Society and the Physical Review Online Archive.
6. Annual Reviews - offers comprehensive, timely collections of critical reviews written by leading scientists for focused disciplines within the Biomedical, Life, Physical, and Social Sciences including Economics.
7. Brill’s Developing Countries Journals Program - publishes 200 journal titles - including 16 e-only titles and 6 full open access titles - focused on Humanities and Social Sciences, International Law and selected areas in the Sciences.
8. British Institute of Radiology Journals- publishes the following titles:
BJR case reports which provides clinicians and researchers with unrestricted access to interesting cases and reports with educational value; and
DMFR: Dentomaxillofacial Radiology is the journal of the International Association of Dentomaxillofacial Radiology (IADMFR) and is dedicated to the closely related fields of oral radiology and head and neck imaging.
9. British Library On Demand - is the new and improved document supply service from the British Library. They scan and send items from their collections which provide access to vast stores of digital content over 42 million items.
10. Canadian Science Publishing – provides full text articles of 20 online peer-reviewed journals in a broad range of scientific disciplines.
11. Cochrane Library - is a collection of online searchable databases containing high-quality, independent evidence to inform healthcare decision-making.
12. Duke University Press - a prominent publisher of books and journals, publishes approximately 120 books annually and over 40 journals, as well as offering five electronic collections. The Press publishes primarily in the humanities and social science.
13. EBSCO Host Research Databases - EBSCOhost databases are the most-used, premium online information resources for tens of thousands of institutions worldwide, representing millions of end users.
14. Edinburgh University Press Journals Online - Edinburgh University Press is the premier Scottish publisher of academic books and journals.
15. Emerald Management 120 eJournal Collection - Emerald is a global publisher linking research and practice to the benefit of society. Emerald today manages a range of digital products, a portfolio of nearly 300 journals, more than 2,500 books and over 450 teaching cases.
16. Gale Expanded Academic and Health & Wellness Resource Center - Gale provides content and technology to support research and education at libraries, colleges, universities, schools and businesses.
17. Geological Society - The Lyell Collection Complete - represents one of the largest integrated collections of online Earth science literature available.
18. HST - Libraries in a Digital Age - this series of lectures looks at the challenges facing information professionals and their parent organisations as they face a future in which the internet is universally accessible and giant global entities such as Google and Microsoft have budgets and collections which dwarf those of the largest library.
19. IET Digital Library - holds more than 190,000 technical papers from 1994 onwards for all IET journals, magazines, books, conference publications and seminar digests.
20. IMF eLibrary - the portal provides access to the global, regional and country by country economical, financial and statistical information in various publications. It also seeks to promote global economic growth and stability.
21. Institute for Operations Research and Management Sciences (INFORMS) - publishes several scholarly journals.
22. JSTOR- (Journal Storage) is a digital library containing digitized back issues of academic journals, it now also includes books and primary sources, and current issues of journals.
23. Liebert Online - publishing integrated media content in the areas of biotechnology, biomedical research, clinical medicine and surgery, engineering and technology, environmental studies and policy, law and economics, and public health.
24. Nature Publishing Group eJournals - is a publisher of high impact scientific and medical information in print and online. NPG publishes journals, online databases, and services across the life, physical, chemical and applied sciences and clinical medicine.
25. OECD iLibrary - is the online library of the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) featuring its books, papers and statistics and is the gateway to OECD’s analysis and data.
26. OUP - Oxford Journals - OUP publishes over 200 journals on behalf of learned societies around the world.
27. Palgrave Macmillan eJournals - Palgrave has a reputation as a dynamic, flexible and responsible journal publisher within the social sciences and humanities.
28. Project MUSE journals - MUSE is the trusted source of complete, full-text versions of scholarly journals from many of the world's leading university presses and scholarly societies, with over 120 publishers currently participating.
29. Research4Life (http://login.research4life.org/tacgw/login.cshtml) - it is designed to enhance the scholarship, teaching, research and policy-making of the many thousands of students, faculty, scientists, and medical specialists, focusing on Law, Development, Health, Agriculture, Environment and other life, physical and social sciences in the developing world, through free or low-cost access to academic and professional peer-reviewed content online.
30. Royal Society - Royal Society Journals Online - The Royal Society is a Fellowship of many of the world's most eminent scientists and is the oldest scientific academy in continuous existence publishing journals across the entire range of science.
31. Royal Society of Chemistry - RSC Journals Archive - The world’s leading chemistry community, advancing excellence in the chemical sciences.
32. Royal Society of Chemistry - RSC Journals Online - The world’s leading chemistry community, advancing excellence in the chemical sciences.
33. Sage Journals - SAGE Publications is an independent publishing and its publishing program includes more than 900 journals and 800 books a year, reference works and electronic products covering business, humanities, social sciences, science, technology and medicine.
34. Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics Journals (SIAM) - SIAM exists to ensure the strongest interactions between mathematics and other scientific and technological communities through membership activities, publication of journals and books, and conferences.
35. Springer Lecture Notes Series - The Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) includes its subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence (LNAI) and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics (LNBI). The series publishes new7
. Springer eJournals - Springer offers many opportunities for authors, customers and partners with more than 2,900 journals and 200,000 books.
36. Taylor & Francis Journals - Taylor & Francis Group publishes quality peer-reviewed journals.
37. Taylor & Francis eBestseller Packages - provides access to over 50,000 eBooks from across the Humanities, Social Sciences, Education, Behavioural Sciences, Built Environment and Law.
38. University of California Press - publishes in the following general subject areas: anthropology, art, California and the West, classical studies, film, food and wine, global issues, history, literature/poetry, music, natural sciences, public health and medicine, religion, and sociology.
39. University of Chicago Journals - publishes journals in print and electronic editions, presenting original research from international scholars in the social sciences, humanities, education, biological and medical sciences, and physical sciences.
40. Wiley Online Library Full - offers an exceptional portfolio of over 4 million articles from 1,500 journals. Titles cover the full spectrum of life, health and physical sciences, social science and the humanities.
43. Wiley Online Library SSH - this package provides access to over 500 journals in the Social Sciences and Humanities.
44. Wiley Online Library STM - is a leading international resource for scientific, technical, medical and scholarly content providing access to millions of articles across a wide range of journals.
45. World Higher Education Database WHED Portal - is provided by the International Association of Universities (IAU). It is a unique tool where you can find comprehensive information on higher education systems and credentials in numerous countries and higher education institutions particularly IFLA publications.