The following open access database offer a comprehensive listing of free fulltext and abstract articles in all subject areas.
The on-line library provides free full text e-books on capacity development in Africa covering science technology & innovation; regional integration; domestic resource mobilization; agriculture and food security; natural resources management; youth and gender, governance and economic development etc. The publications are open access available at free cost that you can download in PDF format, print and share with your networks and there is no need to register or log in with a password.
2. OKhub - The Global Open Knowledge Hub (GOKH) is a technical, content driven programme aimed to develop new technical infrastructures and standards that supports increased access and availability of research knowledge. This hub mainly contents information on international development
3. Science Hub - ScienceHuβ is a global science and technology publisher and provides free access to research articles and latest research information without any barrier to scientific community
4. Directory of Open Access Journal- DOAJ is an online directory that indexes and provides access to high quality, open access, peer-reviewed journals from reputable journal publishers
5. Public Knowledge Project - PKP is a multi-university initiative developing (free) open source software and conducting research to improve the quality and reach of scholarly publishing
6. Directory of Open Access Repositories - DOAR is an authoritative directory of academic open access repositories.
7. OpenDocs - This is an e-repository of development research from the Institute of Development Studies. OpenDocs consists of two separate areas or communities: • BLDS Digital Library (publications from research institutes in developing countries curated by the British Library for Development Studies) • IDS Research Community (publications by IDS Fellows and from partner research centres and consortia).
8. Africa Virtual University Resources- The Africa Virtual University has more than 1620 Open educational Resources. The AVU OER repository has 3 communities (English, French and Portuguese) and 4 collections (Teacher Education, Applied Computer Science, Policy Briefs, and articles of AVU’s peer-reviewed open-access journal). The Teacher Education and Computer Science collections have peer-reviewed modules which are full textbooks, and learning objects as well. The subjects in the repository include mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, computer science, informatics, administration, linguistics, teacher education professional courses, and ICT in education