The Zimbabwe Open University (ZOU) is the largest and comprehensive Open & Distance Learning (ODL) university in Zimbabwe that offers lifelong learning in an affordable and flexible manner.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced professionals only to fill the following vacant post within the University;
ICT TECHNICIAN: MATABELELAND NORTH REGIONAL CAMPUS, HWANGE (1 Post)
The ICT Technician will report to the Administration Officer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the design, installation and support of LANs and WAN.
- Carrying out site surveys of buildings earmarked for LANs
- Carrying out installation of LANs
- Carrying out maintenance work on LANs
- Service, maintain and repair ICT equipment
- Accepting job requests from Computer Liaison Officer
- Completing ICT Job Card for each job attended
- Returning job card and dispatch repaired equipment to users
- Install and configure hardware and software
- Installing selected software on designated hardware
- Configuring hardware and software as instructed
- Completing ICT job card for each job attended
- Provide sound technical support to the institution’s ICT users
- Training/coaching users on the operations of selected software / equipment
- Coaching users on how to do backups / recovery
- Attending to all users’ ICT queries
- Educating users on the best practices when using ICT equipment
- Ensuring that users have read the ICT Procedure Manual
- Performing any other duty as assigned by the Administration Officer.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- National Diploma in Information Technology or Computer Science from a recognized examination board such the Higher Education Examination Council (HEXCO) ;
- City and Guilds Science, Computer Technicians Certified at advanced or part 2 level; and
- At least two (2) years relevant post qualification experience.
Candidates who do not have the stipulated requirements need not apply.
Interested and qualified persons should submit six (6) sets each consisting of the application letter, certified educational and professional certificates, Curriculum Vitae, contact telephone numbers and names of at least three (3) referees. All envelopes should clearly indicate the post being applied for. Applications should be received not later than 17 October 2016. Applications should be addressed to:
|The Director, Human Resources|
|Zimbabwe Open University||or||Hand delivered to:|
|P O Box MP 1119||3rd Floor, Corner House|
|Mount Pleasant||Corner Leopold Takawira Street and Samora|
NB. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED