INTERNAL JOB ADVERTISEMENT
The Zimbabwe Open University (ZOU) is the largest and comprehensive Open & Distance Learning (ODL) university in Zimbabwe that offers lifelong learning in an affordable and flexible manner.
Suitably qualified, experienced and motivated internal candidates only are invited to apply for the following vacant position that has arisen at the Zimbabwe Open University.
- Post: Chief Secretary (Grade 10) (1 Post), Faculty of Science and Technology, Department of Pure Sciences
Duties and Responsibilities
- Filing all office documents;
- Typing of correspondences;
- Ordering stationery requirements for the Department;
- Distributing stationery;
- Ordering of tea requirements;
- Servicing of meetings;
- Controlling of incoming and outgoing mail;
- Dispatching correspondences;
- Photocopying documents;
- Minuting of office meetings;
- Filing of confidential documents; and
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Chairperson.
Qualifications and Experience
- National Diploma in Secretarial Studies or Office Management from a recognised examination board;
- Five (5) O’ levels including English Language;
- Advanced typewriting (50wpm) and (80wpm) Shorthand or 100 words per minute Dictaphone.
- At least two (2) years relevant post qualification experience.
Candidates who do not have the stipulated requirements need not apply.
Interested and qualified persons should submit six (6) sets each consisting of application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates and curriculum vitae with contact telephone numbers and names of at least three (3) referees. All envelopes should clearly indicate the post being applied for. Applications should be received not later than 20 September 2017.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Director Human Resources or Hand delivered to
Zimbabwe Open University 3rd Floor
P O Box MP 1119 Corner House
Mount Pleasant Cnr S.Machel / L.Takawira Street
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED