INTERNAL JOB ADVERTISEMENT
The Zimbabwe Open University (ZOU) is the largest and comprehensive Open & Distance Learning (ODL) university in Zimbabwe that offers lifelong learning in an affordable and flexible manner.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified, experienced and motivated internal candidates only to apply for the following vacant posts that have arisen within the University.
POST: LECTURER/TEACHING ASSISTANT: FACULTY OF ARTS AND EDUCATION: DEPARTMENT OF MEDIA AND JOURNALISM STUDIES: (5 POSTS)
Harare/Chitungwiza Regional Campus (1 Post)
Bulawayo Regional Campus (1 Post)
Manicaland Regional Campus (1 Post)
Masvingo Regional Campus (1 Post)
Midlands Regional Campus (1 Post)
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaching/Tutoring, contribution to knowledge through research oriented activities such as consultancy, advisory work, part-time tutoring, commissioned research and any other similar activities;
- Development of Programmes and the production of Distance Teaching and Open Learning (DTOL) materials;
- Research, Scholarship and Creative work; and
- University Service.
- Master of Arts or Master of Science in Media or Journalism Studies;
Qualifications for Teaching Assistants [Three (3) Year Contract]
- Bachelor of Arts in Media Studies/Journalism Studies or Bachelor of Arts in English and Communication Studies and Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Media Studies from a recognised university with a minimum of an Upper Second (2.1) degree class; and
- Proof of study towards a Master of Arts in Media or Journalism Studies would be an added advantage.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in an Open and Distance Learning (ODL) Institution.
- Knowledge of distance education would be an added advantage.
- Good leadership qualities
- High level of motivation and commitment to duty.
Interested and qualified persons should submit six (6) copies of application letters, including copies of certified educational and professional certificates, detailed curriculum vitae, contact telephone numbers and names of at least three (3) referees. All envelopes should be clearly marked showing the post being applied for.
Candidates who do not have the stipulated requirements need not apply.
Applications should be received not later than 20 September 2017 addressed to:
The Human Resources Director Or The Human Resources Director
Zimbabwe Open University Zimbabwe Open University
3rd Floor P O Box MP1119
Corner House Mount Pleasant
Corner S Machel Avenue & L Takawira Harare